Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Recipe Post 2

So, I don't know that there are a lot of recipes that I have tried lately, but there are things that I like eating.
First, I love steak, and I will share a steak recipe with you. It's called simply "Steak bites". It could just as well be called "Tasty Steak Goodness." It isn't some high end fancy steak but I like it. I have also tried the marinade with shrimp and zucchini. The recipe is NOT my own. I found it on Pinterest. I will say this about everything I have tried it with, the zucchini tasted a bit saltier than I prefer. It was still tasty though. So here's the link.  We have had this recipe several times with many sides. I think my favorite is with zucchini and broccoli!

Next, a breakfast recipe I have made twice. I make them a week ahead and eat on them all week. If you know me, then you know I am not a huge fan of sausage, or most pork for that matter. I love bacon, but other pork, not so much. I will eat sausage, and I like summer sausage and kielbasa but those are often made from beef. I have fallen in love with these silly Keto Sausage Balls. I love eggs but I can only eat egg cups and boiled eggs so many weeks before growing weary. So here's the link for that one.

Now, a little less recipe, and a little of "how I like it." Lately my lunches are something wrapped in romaine leaves. I love this. My go to lunch when I am short on time or ideas is a serving of lunch meat (turkey), a lettuce leaf for each slice, and a cheese slice for each one. I do not eat processed American cheese product. I eat REAL cheese. So when I say a cheese slice I mean take a cheese slicer and slice off a piece of cheddar from the wheel or block. I prefer off the wheel, but block is fine. Yes, I am a cheese snob. No, I am not sorry. I also usually have 1-2 pickles with that lunch. One day I cut my pickles so that I had the same number of slices as wraps and stuck a pickle in each one. YUMMO and like 2-3 carbs for lunch.

I also like to make an occasional protein shake using unsweetened vanilla almond milk and protein powder. I need to find one of those softserve machines because my newest powder tastes like a frosty.

I like food. I experiment with ways of cooking. Some things I totally dig. Some, not so much. Let me know what your favorites are!

Happy eating. Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment