Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Fat is relative

So yesterday I declared that I am fat. I am fat. Others are fat too. For one person, a weight that is dangerous may be lower than a weight with the same effects for someone else. My being fat does not at all mean that you, reader, are disgustingly fat or not beautiful.

Too often we equate weight with beauty. It is not the same thing. Weight is the relationship your body has with gravity that may or may not cause medical problems from joint pain, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, fatigue, and other cardiovascular difficulties to low self-esteem and self-worth, suicidal thoughts or tendencies, depression, and anxiety.

Each person experiences these things at a different rate. Yesterday I talked a bit about charts for target weight. Here's one for women:
Related imagefound at https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHmCHbLSw0kL09FiuVx8x8MoHFI8hlRXUiZSfkUCqhqFvZiujl
I will not even fit into the "large" frame category when I hit my target. Does this mean that I will be fat then. Maybe for some people, but I will be at my happy. My fat and your fat are not the same. My health may be terrible at 200 pounds while you are fit as a fiddle at 215. 

The motto at my house is "fat girl gotta eat" and I will always be a fat girl, even when the scale shows otherwise. I love food. I will always love food. I just have to love some things in very small quantities. I don't mind being just outside my range according to this chart because this chart cannot tell you many things about me. Am I smart? Am I funny? Am I compassionate? Am I beautiful? This chart will only tell me if I am a cookie cutter sized person. Nope I am not. Neither are you. Don't worry if my fat and your fat are not the same. They just are. Happy Eating.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment